Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we have decided to hold ISWCS 2021 as a fully virtual conference.
We look forward to your contributions to the conference and to seeing you at the virtual conference in September!
Video Upload Instructions
All authors of accepted and registered papers are required to upload a pre-recorded video of their presentation by
Friday, 30 July 2021Friday, 06 August 2021 (no extension of this deadline will be possible).
Guidelines are the same for all papers in regular sessions, special sessions and workshops.
(1) Guidelines for preparing the video presentation:
The presentation can be recorded by any of the co-authors and will be available during the original dates of the conference and on-demand after the conference concludes. We will follow up with more information about opportunities to interact with attendees for questions and answers.
We request you to prepare and upload a video of your presentation, comprised of a brief introduction with webcam, if desired, followed by voice over slides for your presentation. This is a requirement for your paper to appear in IEEE Xplore. Please note that the file must be a video file in MP4 format (more details below). Please do not try to upload PowerPoint or PDF files.
Please upload a video of your presentation (slides with voice-over) that conforms to the following:
- File Format : mp4
- Minimum Length : 8 mins
- Maximum Length : 10 mins
- Aspect Ratio : 16:9
- Minimum Height : 720 pixels
- Maximum File Size : 190 MB
Upload Deadline :
Friday, 30 July 2021Friday, 06 August 2021 (same as camera ready version of paper)
* The link to upload the video will become available soon.
To upload the video to EDAS, go to "My papers" in EDAS and click your paper title. Upload the MP4 video file by clicking the upload icon next to "Virtual Presentation Upload" property.
Please note the final specifications will be checked at the time of submission to EDAS and files not compliant may not be uploaded.
Please be sure the video includes the title of the paper, the authors, and a mention to ISWCS 2021.
(2) Video presentation recording tools
There are several video conferencing tools available to easily record a presentation. With this method, you may show your face via webcam (if you’d like) and display your slides as you talk. You may use any meeting software as long as you get a good quality recording and your final file is in the MP4 format. Here are some links to instructions on recording a meeting on common platforms:
- WebEx: Video Conferencing - Record a Cisco Webex Meeting
- Skype: Recording a Meeting | Information Technology Services | Bemidji State University
- Google Meet: Record a video meeting - Meet Help
- Zoom: Local Recording – IEEE-TV special - recording your presentation
- Gotomeeting: How to Record a GoToMeeting Session | Techwalla and How to Convert and Open the GoToMeeting Recordings
- Microsoft Teams: Record a meeting in Teams - Office Support
- For Authors located in China who are unable to access Zoom for free, use of the free software OBS, which allows also to capture simultaneously yourself while speaking and your slides: https://obsproject.com/
- You can also use the two-step method: Create Voice Over Power point and convert to MP4
You are required to finalize and upload your video by
Friday, 30 July 2021Friday, 06 August 2021.
If you have any issues with uploading your presentation, please contact us as firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contents of this page are partly copied from ICC 2021.